Friday, June 19, 2009

Sound Software

So there is this audio program called Audacity. I had a copy of it years ago. Thought it had been shareware but apparently it was free, or at least is now, as open-source. Adobe bought it, changed it into Adobe Audition, and it now costs $200. It figures!

Except apparently Audacity is still alive as an open source project. Not sure how that worked out... maybe Adobe just bought rights to it to 'build on it' so they weren't recreating the wheel up to a certain point? Not sure. Anyway you can get the program free here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
It allows you to work with wave forms, filters, cut-clip-paste-stretch (etc.) wave forms together, and so on.

When I had used it previously, I had used some binaurals from BrainSync ('deep meditation') mixed with a combined progressive relaxation and intense chakra exercise (verbal hypnosis) which was also intentionally sexy. I promptly had a dream that night that I found this man whose head collapsed into dusty-ash when I touched him, because he had burned it from energy coming up through him, like spontaneous human combustion or something, except it wasn't apparent until I touched him, and I sensed on waking he clearly represented me (I often perceive myself as a blonde nordic-like man in dreams, though I'm a brunette light-olive toned female, probably because in some esoteric/spiritual areas "a part of me" looks like that). Then I dreamed about backed up and clogged yucky plumbing just ON and ON. I concluded from this that I was not 'clear' enough, and that the major energy I was running in that sexy chakra exercise had some burn-damaging effects or threat, so I did not use the file again. PS Thanks to this paragraph now you all know how weird and woo-woo I really am. I promise when I talk about science and measuring things I'm not as undiscriminating. :-)

But, the program was useful for recording and combining a verbal hypnosis/visualization track with someone else's binaural audio for a good end result.

It turns out that some brainwave technologies need a certain "header" (information at the very front of the file) in the audio file. For example, the Procyon's light-sound goggles in order to synchronize with separate audio, need a 'header' that sets some time point flags and so on. It's a little complicated and I'll go over it separately after I've done it a time or two.

Suffice to say that Audacity can do it free so you don't really need a program like Audition. The latter is now more advanced though, so I hear/suspect, so perhaps if the real goal is extensive options for vocal work (singing/speaking) there might some advantages to it.

Gotta go to work now,

PJ

.

1 comment:

  1. "Thanks to this paragraph now you all know how weird and woo-woo I really am"

    Oh my god! It ... it can't be! Weirdness? On this blog? I need to lie down now.

    ReplyDelete