Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 5

I used #37 Preset Procyon again today. I was very sleepy and it seemed to result in my being even more spacey and sleepy for hours -- the opposite of what I wanted, dang it.

I think this is a lesson in that what you choose to listen to also depends on your state of being at that moment. Had I been super beta, it would have left me relaxed and alert. Because I was theta, it just kept me still in the alpha-theta range apparently.

And it's also I think a lesson about entrainment. It's not always going to happen for every change that goes on in your session. I think my brain happily picked up the lower frequencies but didn't get anywhere remotely near the 22 Hz the program says it ends at, probably would have needed a program that just gradually ramped up to that and stayed there longer.

Maybe the judgement about program is a 'balance/compensation' thing. If you're very sleepy, maybe you choose the highest beta, not because you want to be at that highest beta, but because in the compromise formula between where you are + where it offers = where it ends up, it would just be a more alert state than choosing a low beta or high alpha that might seem more ideal, but would actually result in a slightly lower end-point, who knows. It seems logical that maybe the brain entrains better or more quickly to frequencies nearer where it is when the process begins. Not sure if that's true though.

PJ

.

No comments:

Post a Comment