Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today's Miscellany

A few links to science papers/links:
http://www.northwest-neurofeedback.com/articles.html

I was minding my own business when my buddy Steph sent me a ref to this woman who is into Paleo eating (in short: lowsugar wholefoods) AND neurofeedback. What a great find! How many of us can there be? Except she knows what she's talking about and I don't, but let's not be picky. I'm learning. (And I'm just not bringing up the recent pesto pasta-breakdown ok.)

I have finished reading everything on the Transparent Corp public site, private members site, and their NP2 documentation (which is considerable), as well as everything I can find on the MindPlace public site, and the Procyon documentation. Excuse me while I rinse off my brain now, that is too much too fast. Unfortunately nearly all of this is "proprietary" documentation. It's even put into files you cannot copy from just to make it even more complicated to take notes in a text file. So it's not easy for me to condense what I am learning into my blog for my friends since I didn't even have a way to summarize it for myself as I went along. Grrr.

I'm having a frustration moment about a couple things. Minor trivia but still.

Procyon's product document just throws in as a tiny note like oh-by-the-way that whatever audio it is playing is automatically 'modulated by the video settings'. Well that set me back. What is the point of deliberately customizing audio and video--often to be pointedly different--if the video then tromps all over the audio? I want to do specific experimentation and hypnotic anchoring and controlling these things separately is important as a result. Maybe it isn't always. Maybe it's just if you do the audio there, not if you import it. I hope.

Update 6/19 ungodly hour AM: you can 'patch through' your own audio and it won't affect that. It only affects (as you choose) tones you create yourself in the editor.

I have a ton of vastly more useful and specific info that I will work on dredging out of myself over the next week.

PJ

.

No comments:

Post a Comment